Monday, August 2, 2010

Slut or Cunt?

I've recently stumbled upon a lusciously tempting quote from Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, "Well-behaved women rarely make history".  I like it and it makes me wonder what I can do to make history during my lifetime. 

So, for the last couple of years I have watched as a longtime friend of mine has expressed her thoughts and opinions through a blog.  Maybe I am ready to make public a part of me...for the sake of "making history".

Hence the creation of my blog, "God loving Slut"...

I am not using the word slut to disrespect God or Women.  I am using the word almost in the same context as Judy Chicago and the California Girls did when they created "Cunt Cheerleaders" which is a performance art piece created in the 1970's  and was made to address the issues of female identity. http://judychicagoandthecaliforniagirls.com/history.html


I love both men and women.  But, I just want to understand why religion refuses to let go of the male dominated control that has existed since the beginning of time.

I will also be sharing some of the silly and mundane things of my life along with my opinions and comments as I explore the issues of religion and women. Will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. I know your main focus is religion and feminism but, with your new found feminism, I thought you might be interested in the guerrilla girls. They mainly fight sexism in the arts but they're completely BA and I adore them. Here's their website: http://www.guerrillagirls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggested web site! We discussed them in my latest art history class. :) It will be fun to see their site.

    ReplyDelete